Nick Jellum is an attorney with Anastasi Jellum, P.A. Throughout his career, Nick has concentrated his practice in representing financial institutions in:
- Commercial Lending and Loan Documentation
- Government Guaranteed Loans
- Loan Restructuring, Workouts and Collections
- Regulatory Compliance
- Real Estate and Foreclosures
- Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy
- Construction Law
- Business Law
Government Guaranteed Loans.
Nick has developed an excellent reputation for his work representing financial institutions and protecting their interests in government guaranteed lending transactions. He has extensive experience particularly as related to U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) loan documentation and liquidation. In the SBA area, Nick provides guidance to financial institutions throughout the entire country.
Nick is active in the National Association Government Guaranteed Lenders (NAGGL) and is a frequent presenter at NAGGL's national conferences and through their webinars. Nick is also a member and active in the National Association of Development Companies (NADCO), the trade association for CDCs.
Commercial Lending and Loan Documentation.
Nick focuses a significant portion of his practice on advising financial institutions on all aspects of commercial loan transactions, from loan documentation to loan collections and recovery. These transactions can often be multi-faceted and complex, requiring sophisticated legal skills and efficient handling, for which Nick has become known in the industry. He takes a straightforward approach to obtaining common sense results for clients.
Loan Restructuring, Workouts and Collections.
Throughout his career, Nick had gained a significant amount of experience handling commercial loan workouts, collections and foreclosures on behalf of lenders.
Nick remains active in the legal community and beyond. Nick provides pro bono legal services to low-income small business owners and nonprofits through LegalCORPS. In addition to his activities with NAGGL, Nick is involved in additional banking industry trade associations including the Independent Community Bankers of Minnesota (ICBM), for which he serves on the Legislative Committee, and the Minnesota Bankers Association (MBA).
Nick was born in Seoul, South Korea, and raised in Starbuck, Minnesota. He joined Anastasi Jellum in 2003 as a law clerk and subsequently became an associate that same year. In 2008, he was named a shareholder of the firm. Showing leadership potential early on, he has served on the firm’s leadership team and is now notably a named shareholder.
In his leisure time, Nick and his wife enjoy golfing, traveling, cooking, and a wide variety of outdoor activities.
- Minnesota State University – Moorhead, B.S., Finance, magna cum laude, 2000
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 2003
- Minnesota, 2003
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2003
- Illinois, 2016
- Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA) (Member, 2003 – Present)
- Ramsey County Bar Association (RCBA) (Member, 2003 – Present; Youth and the Law Committee; Charity Golf Tournament Committee, Co-Chair 2010, 2011)
- Independent Community Bankers of Minnesota (ICBM) (Legislative Committee, 2009 – Present)
- Minnesota Bankers Association (MBA), (2003 – Present)
- National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders (NAGGL) (2007 – Present)
- National Association of Development Companies (NADCO), Member (2012 – Present)
- Courage Kenny– St. Croix (Advisory Board, 2010 – Present)
- Courage Kenny Foundation (Board Member, 2013 – Present)
- Dean’s List: Honors Award – Minnesota State University – Moorhead, 1998 – 2000
- Dean’s List, William Mitchell College of Law, 2002 – 2003
"UCC-1 Filing and Perfection" - May 2016
"SBA 7(a) Loan Closing Best Practices" - May 2016
"SBA 7(a) Large Loan Liquidation: Understanding the Liquidation and Guarantee Purchase Process" - May 2016
"SBA Lending" - May 2016
"Change of Ownership" - April 2016
"Business Entity Organizations and Trusts in Minnesota" - February 2016
"Business Entity Organizations Non-Minnesota" - October 2015
"Authorized Signers in Minnesota" - October 2015
"Powers of Attorney" - October 2015
"Best Practices for Documenting Equity Injections" - September 2015
"Current Issues Impacting Agents and LSPs" - May 2015
"Franchise Lending" - May 2015
“SBA Franchise Lending” – October 2014
“UCC Lien Perfection and Lien Priorities” - May 2013
“Franchise Agreement Review 101” - October 2012