Josh Christensen is an attorney with Anastasi Jellum, P.A., practicing principally in the areas of:
- Loan Restructuring, Workouts and Collections
- Creditors' Rights in Government Guaranteed Loans
- Real Estate and Foreclosures
- Litigation: Banking, Business, and Real Estate
- Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy
- Construction Law
He has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars, 2007, 2010 and 2013 Editions.
Loan Restructuring, Workouts and Collections.
Josh assists the firm’s financial institution clients in working through troubled loans with the intent of avoiding litigation and maximizing recovery. Through the use of various tools such as forbearance agreements, confessions of judgment, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, and voluntary surrender agreements, he helps financial institutions structure repayment plans that satisfy all parties. In the event there is a default of the workout arrangement, he ensures that the collateral recovery process is quick with minimized costs.
Real Estate Foreclosures.
Josh is an experienced foreclosure attorney helping the firm’s banking clients to recover commercial or residential real estate that has been mortgaged as collateral for a loan. Whether the foreclosure proceeds by publication or judicially, he guides the lender from initial property evaluation and the choice of foreclosure method, through the expiration of the redemption process. Josh also assists in redemption of senior loan foreclosures to ensure that the client’s mortgage position is protected in the event there is equity in a foreclosed property.
Financial Institution and Business Litigation.
When litigation is necessary, Josh works on behalf of the firm’s financial and business clients to ensure that their rights are both asserted and protected. He handles money judgment actions, repossessions, receiverships, landlord/tenant disputes, and various other types of banking and business litigation matters.
Josh was born and raised in Fargo, North Dakota. While attending William Mitchell College of Law in 2001, he was a member of the Rosalie Wahl Moot Court.
He is active in his community and is a member of the Stillwater Chamber of Commerce. In his leisure time, Josh enjoys golfing, following Minnesota sports teams, and spending time at the lake. He joined the firm in 2007 and became a shareholder in 2012.
- Gustavus Adolphus College, B.A., 2000
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 2003
- Minnesota, 2003
- Wisconsin, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2004
- Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA) (Member, 19th District President – 2006, Vice President – 2005 and Treasurer – 2004, former Assembly member – 2008, 2003 – Present)
- Wisconsin State Bar Association (WSBA)
- Ramsey County Bar Association (RCBA)
- Washington County Bar Association (WCBA)
- Hennepin County Bar Association (HCBA)
- Chamber of Commerce, Stillwater, Minnesota (2010 – 2012)
- Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars, 2007, 2010, 2013 Editions
- Rosalie Wahl Moot Court, William Mitchell College of Law (2001)