John Bealka is an attorney with Anastasi Jellum, P.A., practicing in the following areas:
Commercial Lending and Loan Documentation.
John assists in the preparation of commercial loan documentation. He has extensive experience in complex loan documentation including construction and real estate loans, syndicated loans, and complex asset-based loans.
Government Guaranteed Loans.
In addition to assisting financial institutions with their commercial loan needs, John works with lenders making government guaranteed loans including:
- SBA loans (Small Business Administration)
- SBA 504 loans
- SBA 7(a) loans
- SBA CAPLines loans
- SBA Express loans
- USDA loans (U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- Local loan programs
Depending on the nature of the transaction and the particular client's needs, this work includes loan eligibility, compliance, documentation review, documentation preparation, and loan closing.
John works with small to medium sized business owners involved in the commercial real estate industries. He is experienced in transactions involving commercial real estate acquisitions, real estate development, environmental issues, construction law, land use regulations, and common interest communities (CICs).
John assists our clients in matters involving entity formation and governance. He works with various closely held entities including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships of all types, joint ventures, and sole proprietorships.
John is a native of Circle Pines, Minnesota. While attending law school at the University of Iowa College of Law, he was a board member of the Journal of Gender, Race & Justice, as well as a writer on the Journal of Corporation Law. He was also an active member of the law school's estate planning clinic, and President of the Sports Law Society. John joined the firm in 2016, working in the areas of commercial loan transactions, real estate, and business law. In his leisure time, John enjoys spending time at his family's cabin, golfing, and playing hockey. He and his fiancée reside in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- University of St. Thomas, B.A. in Communication and Journalism, 2012
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2015
- Minnesota, 2015
- Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA) (Member, 2015 - Present)
- Research Assistant, University of Iowa College of Law (2013 - 2015)
- Sports Law Society, University of Iowa College of Law (Member, 2012 - 2014; President 2013 - 2014)
- University of St. Thomas Club Hockey, (Member 2009 - 2012; President 2011-2012)
- Note and Comment Editor, Journal of Gender, Race, and Justice (2014-2015)
- Student Writer, Journal of Corporation Law, University of Iowa College of Law (2013-2014)
- Ramza-Fester Rainbow Rights Scholarship (2014)